Prashant's Weblog
Random Brain "Droppings" of yet another software engineer







Friday, May 12, 2006

Weekend adventure - Trek to Brahmagiri

I am off to Brahmagiri for a trek, over the weekend, so will not be blogging for the next two days.

Brahmagiri -
1607 m, approx. 270 kms from Bangalore, located in south Kodagu. There is a sacred spot called Irupu the start point to the Brahmagiri range of hills. River Lakshmana-tirtha flows nearby. Legend says that Rama and Lakshmana, warrior Gods, passed this way while searching for Rama's concert, Sita. Rama asked Lakshmana to fetch some drinking water for him. Lakshmana shot an arrow into the Brahmagiri hills and brought into being river Lakshmanatirtha, the sanctuary shares with Wynad wildlife sanctuary on its south and Nagarhole national park on its west. This sanctuary is famous for tigers, elephants and India gaur.

Plan is to hike to the Brahmagiri peak and then go to Irupu falls and be in Bangalore either on Sunday or monday. This sounds to be great fun. Will post details once I am back. So all you guys have a scintillating and a crazy week end.

3 Comments:

  • Cool Man, Have fun!

    By Blogger Chaosrules, at 6:27 PM  

  • Nice blog you have got. Keep up the good work..and keep visiting my place too! I am sure we will find more in common. :)

    P.S. How did you rumble across my blog?

    By Blogger Pankaj, at 8:19 PM  

  • Chaosrules,
    Hey thanx man...Brahmagiri rocks :) ..had loads of fun and for the first time realised there are so many muscles and bones in Human body..each of those are giving me a different sensation of pain :)..will post photos soon

    Pankaj,
    Hey thanx. you are there in my bookmark list so will bug you frequently :).
    >>How did you rumble across my blog<<
    hmm...I dont exactly remember,how your blog is bookmarked, I am sorry. My best guess is one of my blogger friends must have referred you, not sure though.

    By Blogger Prashant, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home