Prashant's Weblog
Random Brain "Droppings" of yet another software engineer







Wednesday, April 26, 2006

my blog Vs. Popular blog

Guy Kawasaki has this interesting post on how to evangelize a blog. He gives 10 points that will help separate your blog from the heap and help your blog to get noticed..in short marketing of your blog. So here we go, let me see how much does my blog comply with the marketing mantra;

- Think “book” not “diary.”
Shucks! I get a non compliance for the very first point. Not that my blog is a "diary", its actually neither a book not diary.So what it is? well will post once I figure it out. I generally rant on what comes to my mind first when I log into blogspot, anyways shall move on.

- Answer the little man
hmm..."It's tough to market crap" says it all.

- Collect email addresses
10,000 email announcements of the blog!! gosh that's 10,000 emails more than what I have sent :). Ok point taken.

- Collect links for blog rolling
yeah this I have done and have to say there are some kick-ass blogs on my roll. These guys are awesome.

- Scoop stuff
Bottom line: if you want lots of people to link to you, read voraciously and find cool stuff first I guess I need to do more of reading, I am nowhere close to being "voracious" reader

- Supplement other bloggers with a followup entries
this is a good point

- Acknowledge and respond to commenter
N/A :)

- Make it easy to join up
This makes lot of sense

so this blog fairs miserably in the Guy Kawasaki's characteristics-of-popular-blog test and I guess its time for amends, yeah its time for HPWGWB(how prashant will get to write better)

3 Comments:

  • I thought you had given up blogging :)
    Today morning, i just wanted to cleanup some of my old hyperlink collection and in the process i got this!
    I hope you continue blogging after you come out of the "positive time flow" mode :)

    By Blogger Chaosrules, at 8:46 AM  

  • "given up blogging" I had..then started again..this time have resolved not to give up..lets see how far it goes

    By Blogger Prashant, at 4:03 PM  

  • hm... interesting style

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home